The Jacket Journal

Activating the Arts

December 18, 2017

“Poppin’ Tags” at Journey Provisions

December 18, 2017

What is Journey Provisions? If you've never heard of it, then picture in your mind a store similar to a Goodwill, but with more outreach locally and cheaper prices. Journey Provisions is a non-profit thrift store that sells really cheap, gently worn items ranging from clothing to furniture, from books...

Elegance of Perspective

Elegance of Perspective

Catie Heerman, Staff Reporter

December 15, 2017

For as long as I can remember, I have firmly belived the same thing about the town I live in: Versailles is boring. I take the same walking route home each day, and pass by the same dull buildings and signs, hoping that maybe something interesting will appear and change the look of the town into a fresh...

The Twinkle of Christmas

The Twinkle of Christmas

December 15, 2017

Every year, we all become absolutely enthralled with the Christmas spirit, and nowhere is that more true than it is here in Versailles. Sure, our Christmas Parade and Downtown Tree are great, but even better is all of the lights that adorn our city. Here I highlight what I believe are some of the best-lit...

The Brilliant Businesses of Downtown Versailles

The Brilliant Businesses of Downtown Versailles

December 15, 2017

"My favorite place is the Amsden because it's such a chill and welcoming environment. "

Community Passion

Community Passion

December 15, 2017

Passion (noun) - a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept (Merriam Webster). 

Activate in the Amsden

Activate in the Amsden

December 13, 2017

Previously known as SPARK, the Activate Cafe seeks to unite diverse people over common loves: food, coffee, art, and music. Activate Cafe primarily strives to bring art and music to the heart of Versailles. This year, the cafe was held in the Amsden building downtown on December 1st and 2nd. There was a g...

Thanksgiving Channel Four

Thanksgiving Channel Four

Tyler Bennett, Staff Reporter

November 20, 2017

https://youtu.be/Sd9wYzzQGB0

We Can Survive

We Can Survive

November 3, 2017

"When I found out I had breast cancer, I felt like it was the end of the world. At least my world."

Food Drive in the Season of Giving

Food Drive in the Season of Giving

November 1, 2017

As October comes to an end and Thanksgiving quickly approaches, November and the season of giving begins; and this year, we as a school want to do more. On October 30th, the 2017 WCHS Food Drive starts, and gives you the perfect opportunity to help people in your community. The food drive runs through Novem...

You Have Just Crossed Over Into…The Twilight Festival

You Have Just Crossed Over Into…The Twilight Festival

September 27, 2017

Not a car could be found traveling down Main Street on August 26th; instead, the streets were filled with the people of Versailles celebrating the 17th annual Twilight Festival.

THE STUDENT NEWS SITE OF WOODFORD COUNTY HIGHSCHOOL
Community