The Jacket Journal

Dancing Through Louisville

JSOD danced like Rising Stars at their past dance competition

Photo+by+Lori+Bailey.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Dancing Through Louisville

Photo by Lori Bailey.

Photo by Lori Bailey.

Photo by Lori Bailey.

Photo by Lori Bailey.

The stage dancers perform on. Photo by Kristen Bailey.

Jane’s School of Dance worked very hard to prepare for another competition. This competition took place on January 26 and 27th and was located in Louisville, Kentucky. On the 26th, all routines in the 12 and under category competed and on the 27th, all routines in the 13 and over category competed. Jane’s School of Dance performed five group dances and twenty-five solo pieces. Countless hours were spent at the studio preparing for this competition and the scores of the dances reflected that.

Countless hours were spent at the studio preparing for this competition and the scores of the dances reflected that.”

This competition has a different scoring system than the competition that JSOD attended in Dayton, Ohio. The adjudicated awards were trophies that ranged from gold to elite platinum, with elite platinum being the best. Within these awards, they place each entry by comparing them to the other entries that were awarded the same adjudication. Someone who scored highly in the elite platinum category would be awarded a first place elite platinum, while someone who scored low in the elite platinum category would be awarded third-place elite platinum. There is an award called the Shining Star award for the dance that stood out to them as one of the best. Lastly, dancers can place first through fifth in their age category and their division.

The dances can all be entered in different categories. Level one is for the beginner dancers, ones that do not have much on-stage experience. Level two is the next category up and is scored a little bit harder than level one. Level three is the elite category, as is scored the hardest. All dances from Jane’s School of Dance were entered into the level three category.

The awards that the JSOD groups won are listed below:

“Put It On Me”: 1st Place Platinum and 3rd overall in the large group category. (13 and over division)

“Outlaws”: 1st Place Elite Platinum and 1st overall in the large group category. (13 and over division)

“Passenger”: 1st Place Platinum and 4th overall in the small group category. (13 and over division)

“Swing It”: 1st Place Platinum and 2nd overall in the large group category.  (13 and over division)

“Elle’s Engagement”: 1st Place Platinum and 1st overall in the large group category. (12 and under division)

Jane’s School of Dance worked very hard to prepare for this competition and they are currently working towards their next competition, which is at the beginning of March. JSOD will be attending the Spotlight Cup at the very beginning of March, which is held at the same location that Rising Star was.

About the Writer
Kristen Bailey, Staff Reporter

Kristen Bailey is a freshman at Woodford County High School, and this is her first year as a staff member on The Jacket Journal. Kristen is a competitive...