Spectacular Seniors: Maddie Gatewood

Reagan Caudill, Staff Reporter

Maddie Gatewood is the senior class president. She has a huge passion for WCHS and everyone in it. Maddie explains that it hasn’t really hit her that she’s a senior, but she enjoys being the oldest in the school. When asked what excites her most about being a senior she said, “I’m excited to be a senior because we get to guide the underclassmen on how to act during spirit weeks or school events like football games. It’s also pretty nice to be the students who get priority at sporting events and we don’t have to do standardized testing like CERT or the ACT if we don’t want to.”

Maddie puts a huge emphasis on seniors setting a good example for fellow students. Maddie explains she is excited about graduation, but she’s also savoring the year. She said, “I’m excited to go to college and I think I’m ready to live on my own at school, but I really love WCHS and all of the people here, and I definitely think that the culture of our school is something unique.”

Maddie also has some big plans for her future. She does plan to go to college, but she’s not quite sure where yet. Maddie is looking for a school that has strong medical and dental programs. She does plan to attend a medical or professional school after college.  Maddie is interested in a career in the medical field. When asked if she’s going to miss high school Maddie said, “Yes, I really like Woodford County and the students and staff at the high school. I’ve enjoyed growing up in a community that is so closely knit both in the school and the town as a whole.” Maddie has lots of love for Woodford but is excited about her future.