Ms. Hicks

Ms. Hicks as Co-Athletic Director at WCHS

Photo by:Brook Jankowski

Ms.Hicks in Ms.Schuerman’s room

Brook Jankowski, Staff Reporter

Ms. Hicks is the Co-Athletic director and the Business teacher at WCHS. Ms. Hicks is also the swim team coach.  A Co-Athletic teacher is the same as the Athletic Director. She has been teaching here for three years and adores her job.

The Primary role of Co-Athletic Director is “to support Coach Johnson and the rest of the coaches on the Woodford Country Coaching Staff,” Ms. Hicks said.  The most rewarding elements are “the kids achieving their personal and team goals and also watching the students and players both having fun at the games— win or lose.”

When asked about what makes a good Co-Athletic Director, Ms. Hicks said, “Organization and being a team player are the two main dispositions one needs to be an AD.” An AD is an Athletic Director or a Co-Athletic Director. The kind of experiences Ms. Hicks has are, she said, “I have been a USA swim coach and a high school swim coach for 6 years. I have been a certified Water Safety instructor for  13 years, and a certified lifeguard for 15 years. I was also a USA competitive swimmer myself from the ages of 6-18 where I broke records in the state of Indiana.”

Ms. Hicks is a wonderful leader, and is a pro when helping with students. Ms. Hicks says, supporting the coaches by, “providing any assistance that I can offer to help them coach their individual teams with little interference,” is one of her favorite parts of the job.

Thank you, Ms. Hicks. You are doing a great job!