Woodford’s Favorite Week

Homecoming 2019 in Woodford County had a great turn out and we’re here to let you know all about it!

Seniors Casey Montgomery, Karigan Smith, Abbey Moffett, Kasey Abel, and Gabby Blakenship pose for a picture against the lockers in their best 80’s attire.

• Nicholas O’Toole (11), Katie Washington (11), and Tanner Cavins (12) say cheese in all of their silly clothes and accessories for Mis-Match Day!

• A group of friends captured right after lunch enjoying each other’s wacky outfit ideas.

• Sophisticated, huh? Mr. Arnold poses in his one of a kind Mis-Match Day outfit.

• Hail Seniors! A group of seniors proudly rep their colors.

• The Junior Class can’t wait to say that they’re seniors, but you bet they’ll be rocking red until then!

• Young Freshman pose on their first ever Class Color Day. Go green!

• A group of ladies on PJ Day looking extra comfy and extra happy (probably because it was PJ Day, duh).

• Deven Berry (11) and WCHS’s very own Ms. Raterman are in their pajamas enjoying the comfy day.

• A group of friends from different grades pose together for a photo in their PJ’s.

• A group of groovy Juniors pose in their throwback styles for Decades Day.

• Liz Edwards (11) and Greyson Rankin (11) look super groovy for Decades Day.

• Seniors Casey Montgomery, Karigan Smith, Abbey Moffett, Kasey Abel, and Gabby Blakenship pose for a picture against the lockers in their best 80’s attire.

• Spirit Day! A group of students who belong to different grades, but can keep the intense competition at a halt for a photo.

• Their smiles say it all, Homecoming Week is the best week at Woodford County High School!

If you live in Woodford County, you know how serious we take our spirit, especially when we’re in the midst of a week totally dedicated to it. Last week, Woodford had their 2019-2020 Homecoming and it did not disappoint. From the groovy parade floats to the intense pep rally competitions, WCHS is definitely where you want to be for homecoming. Throughout the week, students and staff dress up and participate in all kinds of various school activities. Each day of the week was something new and almost everyone showed out for them.

Monday – Mis-Match Monday

Tuesday – Class Color Day

Wednesday – PJ Day

Thursday – Decades Day

Friday – Extreme Spirit Day

Along with the cool outfit themes, students spend the week working on floats and decorating their section of the gym for the Homecoming Parade. This year, the theme of each class’ float and gym decorations was based on their decade for Decades Day. The Freshman had the 50’s, Sophomores were the 60’s, Juniors were the 70’s and the Seniors were the 80’s. The parade takes place after school Thursday and it always garners incredible turnout. Students are able to ride on the float and express their spirit and excitement for the following day.

As the weeks go by, Mrs. Crager, a Spanish teacher here at the high school, keeps track of each class’s points based on their participation throughout the week. On Friday, at the end of the day, students get to blow off their steam and release their energy at our iconic pep rally. Students participate in games and competitions for as many points as they can get. There is always an intense rivalry between the Juniors and the Seniors, but the class of 2020 Seniors won the spirit stick this year despite the close score in participation points. After the pep rally, students attend the Homecoming Football Game. Woodford took home the win this year against Collins (24-19).

All and all, it was a successful and happy-filled week here at Woodford County High School.