Trifecta Barbecue

Aydin Khosrowshahi

Trifecta Exterior. Decorated with advertisements and an outside grill.

Aydin Khosrowshahi, Staff Reporter

Trifecta, located at 328 Saint Clair street, is a small barbecue restaurant within walking distance of Woodford County High School. The exterior has outdoor seating and some of the advertisements are for the restaurant itself; I think they need something that catches people’s attention more effectively.

Aydin Khosrowshahi
Interior shot of Trifecta barbecue taken from the back of the restaurant.

As we walked in, I noticed that the interior had a definitive vibe to it – vaguely reminiscent of an American diner with checkered floors and decent bench seating – although the interior was a bit lackluster; I feel like it needs to find its own aesthetic niche. It was well-lit, clean, and everything seemed to be in good enough condition. The customer service was more than satisfactory – the woman who waited on us was kind and very welcoming, and there was a wait time of about 7 minutes to get two orders of food, which is definitely fair.

Aydin Khosrowshahi
Close up of Trifecta’s ribs, drizzled in barbecue sauce presented in a plastic diner tray.

There was a wide selection of menu items, from wings to sandwiches, to the “turkey ribs” they’re known for. All of these dishes are barbecued and prepared on-site. We ordered a quarter rack of ribs – they’re a classic barbecue dish, and any self-respecting barbecue restaurant should do them well. Sides, such as green beans, macaroni, and baked beans, and drinks are available but don’t come with your purchase. As for the ribs, they were well seasoned and drizzled with barbecue sauce. They didn’t quite fall off the bone but the meat was still tender and moist, and the sauce was a similar to typical barbecue sauce, but a bit sweeter. The whole dish was presented well, and for six dollars plus one dollar for a drink, it was definitely fairly priced. I’d definitely recommend Trifecta to any person seeking a tasty and local barbecue experience.