The Jacket Journal

Inside The Kentucky Castle

An inside look at what The Kentucky Castle has to offer that most places don't

Logan Kirkland

Logan Kirkland

Believe it or not, visiting The Kentucky Castle (TKC), located in Versailles, KY is an amazing opportunity to learn more about your Kentucky culture. You can spend a night in the castle any day of the year, eat a freshly prepared meal with vegetables from the castle garden, or even take a yoga class with the castle goats. TKC has recently been holding many events that are open to the public, including their Fall Festival Trick or Treat Trail on October 28.

Monica Plut
Kennedy Kruse (left) and Bennett Creech (center) lead a group of young princesses into the castle.

If you attended the festival, you may have seen some familiar faces, including myself. The castle has recently added a new tour called the Fairytale Tour, which is geared towards young boys and girls. Two other girls from the area and I gave tours of the castle to young kids. They also have regular tours if you prefer things without all the ‘fluff.’ However, this past weekend, the castle princesses and I attended the Fall Festival where we performed songs, played games with the kids, and took pictures with all the children in awe.

Aside from the Fall Festival event, TKC has many upscale services great for all ages.

Team members from TCK gather around a table outside of the castle for a quick photo.

Castle Farms is the restaurant located inside the castle, where they offer many delicious regional cuisines made fresh every day. They gather fresh vegetables from their garden and eggs from the chickens for the restaurant, and they even have an apiary filled with 80,000 bees. The bee’s honey is used in many of their dishes and is also for sale in their gift shop. (The honey is especially good in lemonade.)

The castle also regularly holds events such as concerts featuring local artists, performances from improv group Rhonda Improv, salsa dance classes, yoga with the goats Willie and Charlotte, and so much more. They host many parties and celebrations, from weddings to birthday parties. Aside from all the activities, you can even spend a night in TKC. While you stay, you will be treated just like a prince or a princess. You can even purchase additions such as luxury bath bombs, flower arrangements, and many more depending on the occasion.

The Kentucky Castle is a beautiful place where everyone is welcome. For more information on rooms, restaurants, and events, visit https://www.thekentuckycastle.com/ and watch the video below by Ken Heron.

About the Writer
Kennedy Kruse, Staff Reporter

Kennedy Kruse is a junior at WCHS, and this is her first year on The Jacket Journal staff. She enjoys writing, drawing, and singing, and she loves anything...