Spectacular Seniors: Chap Hollin

Reagan Caudill, Staff Reporter

Chap Hollin is another spectacular senior here at Woodford County High School. Chap has a passion for dancing, singing, and all things performing arts. Chap dances at Blackbird Dance Studio and performs in many shows all year long. I interviewed Chapman about his senior year, and he gave me some amazing answers. Chap has big dreams he is pursuing.

When asked what excites him most about being a senior, Chap said, “The answer must be obvious! I’m most excited about packing my bags and leaving! Not to say this school hasn’t taught me a lot— I just have this ‘itch’ to break out of this small town. I have to keep telling myself it’s not that far away. The city life is just calling my name!” Chap wants to move to a big city to have a vast amount of opportunities. Going to college is Chap’s plan for the future. He has applied to four schools and is hoping one of them will become his new home.

Chap speaks with great passion about a school called Boston Conservatory and describes it as his “dream school.” While in college Chap wants to study acting and eventually do some work in film. Chap has a lot of feelings when it comes to graduating as many seniors do. Chap explains his feelings toward this year in a way that so many students can relate to. Chap said, “While I am super excited about leaving, I definitely feel some deep-rooted anxiety separating myself from these people I’ve known and loved my entire life— looking around at all of my friends and sort of having to be okay with the chance that after this year, I may never see or talk to them again. In that, I’ve inspired myself to take advantage of the time that I’ve been given with my very first friends.”

Chap is one of the very talented seniors we have in Woodford County. I know he will go on to do great things and use his talent to make an impact.