Senior Class Officers

The responsibility of a class officer

Macy Upthegrove, Staff Reporter

Being a class officer has a lot of ups and downs. It comes with lots of responsibility. Senior officers get to plan homecoming and other pep-rallies. The officers get to represent the class as a whole. Everyone said that being an officer is an amazing experience and the junior class should try its hardest next year. This year, the 2018 officers are here to tell you what their jobs consisted of. The President of the senior class is Jared Christian who is the main face of the student body. The Vice President is Ashton Moore who is proud to be working as an officer. The class Secretary is Olivia Back and the Treasurer is Turner Reynolds who both love their jobs.

Jared Christian

Jared is the president of the 2018 senior class. He says,”Being an officer is crazy and you don’t know what exactly you are getting yourself into, but it’s really amazing to be the one to help bring the class together as a whole.” He loves to be able to see the growth of the class and everyone coming together. Jared said that the hardest part of being president is people like to sit on their phones and you have to make them pay attention. He says that the best part is being able to see everyone come together.

Ashton Moore

Ashton Moore is the vice president for the 2018 senior class. She said,”Being an officer has been fun, but challenging because you do things at the beginning of the year by planning homecoming and Jacketfest and it’s a lot less stressful not having to plan prom.” She says the hardest part was putting together homecoming and gathering an idea and having to get the class to agree with one theme. She says the best part is being able to be in the know about senior activities.

Olivia Back

Olivia Back is the secretary for the 2018 senior class. She says, “Being an officer is a lot of fun, but a lot of responsibility because you carry the weight of the class and you have to organize events.”  She says the hardest part is having to make decisions and realize that not everyone is going to agree with you. She says that the best part is homecoming and being able to see all your hard work pay off and winning the spirit stick.

Turner Reynolds

Turner Reynolds is the treasurer  of the 2018 senior class. She says,”Being an officer is great for senior year because I had the chance to help organize the pep-rally and it’s a lot less stressful and it’s great to be able to speak at graduation.” She said the hardest part is trying to help people not hurt each other when everything is happening and that means sometimes you have to shut down friends’ ideas to help everyone come together as a class. She says the best part is is having the experience of being a leader.