Our Bad Parking Lot

Since our upperclassmen are of age, there is a large population of drivers at WCHS. To fill the need to park what we drive, there is a student parking lot here, just like with every other high school. However, I can confidently say that our school’s parking lot is considerably worse than every other school in the area. Our parking lot is ineffective,  dilapidated, and could use some good treatment.

Our student parking lot is, in my opinion, poorly designed. To start with, the entrances connect to small roads that are used by both the buses and the students. The dismissal bell leads to a race to get out and leave before you are met with both the other students and the busses.  Whereas other schools would separate the busses and the students, ours are combined to create a mess that leads to long waits and lots of traffic. The parent pick-up line also adds to this, forming long, unbreakable lines that extend the wait. Some parents will even go into the student parking during drop-off or dismissal and park, messing up the flow even more.

Besides the bad design.  The parking lot is also in pretty bad condition. Numerous potholes and cracks line the blacktop, and the severity of the holes and cracks might be enough to cause damage to somebodies car. But the parking lot can be fixed. If the school would just go over and repave the parking lot. While this would cost some money, the safety of our students should be more valuable to the school.

Our parking lot isn’t good, but the inadequacies don’t mean it has to be like that forever, while the school will be out of commission soon enough, the parking lot deserves an upgrade.