Volunteer at Mentors and Meals Today!

Join our program today and build friendships with the kids and other volunteers

Logo

Logo

These are the directors of M&Ms: Mrs. J. (left) Miss Mckenna (right) and Miss Brittany (middle)

Mentors and Meals founder and executive director Lisa Johnson is known as Mrs. J. The assistant directors of the program are Brittany Carbajal and Mckenna Barto and are known as Miss Brittany and Miss McKenna. Mentors and Meals (M&Ms) is a program that helps Woodford County Middle School Students with their homework. This program is located at 160 Lexington Rd.  The program starts at 3:30 pm and ends at 5:30 pm. The program starts off with an hour of homework help and then switches over to the gym or a guest speaker about halfway through. The program provides free food and parent pick up after 5:00. All mentors who decide to participate must be a high school or college student and must have a 3.0 GPA.

This program benefits the kids as well as the mentors! Being a mentor at this program looks amazing on college applications and shows you have patience and authority. If you are a bit impatient, this program is a great way to learn patience and meet new friends and to get the chance to work with other high school and college students who mentor the kids.  This program is also qualified to count for any volunteer hours, community service hours, and clubs such as NHS (National Honors Society), Key Club, and Spanish Honor Society.

JOIN US NOW!

COME PARTICIPATE!

WE NEED YOU NOW!

Below are some pictures of the activities of the M&Ms Program:

M&Ms Facebook Page
The picture to the far left was taken when a guest speaker came in to talk and teach the kids. The picture in the middle is the front room of the building and where the children are tutored. The picture to the far right was taken during a gym activity after the students had finished with their homework.

While all of the events at M&M’s are fun, one of the best things Mentors and Meals does is reward the kids with an overnight trip at the Life Adventure Center (LAC). They go on these trips for reading a book, or some other accomplishment that the program decides to choose from. The kids get very excited and have fun at this center. While at the Life Adventure Center they go rock climbing, zip lining,  watch movies, make crafts, and ride horses. Mentors are allowed to go on overnights if they read the book or do the activity with the students.

Life Adventure Center
This is the LAC Logo.

R

M&Ms Facebook Page Rock climbing at LAC (top left) Main building where the crafts and movies take place (top right) Campfire where the night is mostly spent (bottom left) A student vaulting on one of the LAC horses (bottom right)

If you would like to learn and grow in this program you can contact Mrs. J at (859)-532-6873. Come and participate in this thriving program! We always need more mentors.