Project: Help a Student

Stressing out about school? Don’t know how to make time between work and relaxation? Read down below to get the advice you’ve been looking for!

CJ Jenkins

A student stresses out about all the work that is ahead of them.

Welcome to Project: Help a Student. Here, you will be able to find some advice regarding school, or maybe just some advice to manage your time. Trying to find resources and taking the time to find them can be overwhelming, so down below, are some helpful tips that you can take from that can benefit you if you are either a high school student, or need help with your time management, and of course, if you go to WCHS.

#1: Homework Club (Starring »Dr. Smith«)

Homework Club is one of the top free places to get help, outside of school hours that our school provides. Homework Club is in the school’s library and lasts between the hours of 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm on both Tuesday and Thursday. They will serve food, whether its pizza or small snacks. Drinks aren’t always offered, so if you’re attending, make sure you bring something to drink just to be safe!

#2: Hive Time 

In our high school, every day (unless schedule has changed) we have time for a hive. Hive is a time in the middle of the day from 11:21 am-11:51 am (30 minutes) for students to sign up for a specific place to go to get help from teachers, or for teachers to help any students that they’ve noticed are struggling. However, the hive you choose is optional, so make sure you choose your hive according to the help you need.

CJ Jenkins
There are sections for each class to sign up for. Students are required each day to sign up for one of these options.

#3: ACT Advice (Starring »Amanda Best«)

»Helpful Links«

#4: Time Management Skills (Starring »Monica Lewis«)

It takes people time before they get used to a habit.

— Monica Lewis

Now, of course, these tips may not help everyone, but it could spark some ideas or inspiration. If anything is learned from this, never hesitate to find help, not just mental help but help to encourage you to work and be successful. There is nothing worse than having a million things do all on the same day because you didn’t know where to get help, or couldn’t figure out how to manage your time. You have to guide your own way into success.