The Jacket Journal

Meet the New Principal of WCHS!

Interview with Mr. Arnold, our new principal, about who he is and his future at WCHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Meet the New Principal of WCHS!

Mr. Arnold visits WCHS!

Mr. Arnold visits WCHS!

Mr. Arnold visits WCHS!

Mr. Arnold visits WCHS!

Mr. Jason Arnold is a new addition to the commUNITY here at WCHS. Coming to us from One School Global-Chesapeake Campus in Maryland, he’s the soon-to-be principal of WCHS. Mr. Arnold has many years of experience in different school systems and working with children. He has been a math teacher, night school administrator, summer school teacher, HSA specialist, AP Cohort Chair, academic facilitator, assistant principal, Autism Program administrator, and campus principal. He’s worked for several different schools with the majority of them being in Maryland; however, he was a math teacher and night school administrator at Dunbar High School in Lexington, Kentucky, from August 2004 to July 2008.

Mr. Arnold and his family.

Not only has Arnold worked with children in the school system for many years, but he also has four children of his own. He has a 12-year-old son, a 9-year-old daughter, a 9-year-old son who was adopted from Congo, and a 7-year-old daughter who was adopted from China. 

Mr. Arnold loves teaching and being a leader. He decided to move and become a principal because he saw the opportunity to have an impact on a larger group of people. Arnold enjoys working with students, teachers, and parents in the community. He particularly likes the problem-solving aspect of the job and is always looking for better ways to educate and better systems to implement.

Mr. Arnold has decided to come to Woodford County because “It’s a great school district and community. I look at it as WCHS deciding to have me!” He loves the smaller atmosphere of a single high school and the community that supports it. WCHS is appealing to him because it’s only slightly larger than the atmosphere he grew up in.

Arnold believes that certain aspects of every school are the same and certain aspects are different. The general concepts of his job at WCHS will be the same. He has worked at a variety of different schools, so he is prepared for most of it. However, there is always something new to learn at each school. He’s excited to work with the students and staff, carry on the WCHS tradition, and look for ways for WCHS to continue to improve.

I believe we will accomplish whatever specific goals we set moving forward. I have no doubt we will, it is just finding the right path to get there.”

— Mr. Arnold

“So far the students and staff have been extremely welcoming. I think it will be a tight-knit group that takes pride in being Woodford County Yellow Jackets.”

Mr. Arnold doesn’t have any specific goals set yet for WCHS because he thinks that the goals should be made while consulting with the students, staff, and community. Making educated decisions about moving forward will be easier once he can observe more about what we have been doing and how that is working. His ultimate goal is to get better—more specific goals will be focused on during the summer and the beginning of fall.

WCHS is looking forward to Mr. Arnold coming to help and guide us, and we can’t wait to meet him in the fall!