Freshmen Check Out Morehead State

The Freshman class got a look at Morehead State while the Juniors took the ACT on March 12

Freshmen Check Out Morehead State

Makayla Spencer, Staff Reporter

On March 12, 2019, all freshman students of WCHS went to Morehead State University so that all Sophomores and Juniors could take the ACT. Here is a look at what we experienced while we toured the campus.

Photo by Makayla Spencer. March 12, 2019. As we arrive at the University, I am very excited, mainly because I get to get off the bus. My legs feel as if they are noodles.

Everyone had their buddy or best friend to walk with or sit with. As my friend and I walked to the auditorium, we saw some college students walking by, minding their own business. As I was walking, I thought, “What a beautiful school.”

Photo by Makayla Spencer. March 12, 2019. As we walked in the auditorium I felt excited to see what it looked like.

This was the entrance to the auditorium. As we walked in, we were given a pen and paper to fill out. I was confused because I didn’t expect to fill out anything. We were told to write our full name, birthday, email, phone number, etc.

Photo by Makayla Spencer. March 12, 2019. When we entered the auditorium we were told to try and fit everyone as close to the stage as possible for their presentation.

Once the whole 9th grade got seated and settled in, a man and woman, who were leading the tour, gave us a presentation about what they do and what clubs or sports to join while attending Morehead. I was talking with my friend about considering Morehead after high school. I mean, what’s there not to like?

Before we went to go eat, we visited another building. In that building, there was a gym, equipment for working out and the equipment for Morehead’s Adventure Club. Above the gym, there was a 1/10 mile track to run.

Photo by Makayla Spencer. March 12, 2019. When we were on our way to eat, I was anxious to see what the cafe looked like.

Once the tour was over, we went to a building called Rocky Adkins Dining Commons to eat before we left to go back to Versailles. The dining commons had many choices to choose from, such as pizza, salad, Chinese food, burgers, and much more. For dessert, they had cookies, brownies, and ice cream with toppings, of course. My friend and I ate a salad, mainly because we weren’t really hungry but it was delicious.