The Jacket Journal

Get to Know Cancun

I traveled to Cancun and am here to tell you all about it!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Get to Know Cancun

Rosario Rivera, Staff Reporter

I recently took a trip to Cancun in December of 2018, and I really enjoyed it, and I recommend going. I recommend it because there are many places to visit that are historically relevant, there is a lot of sea life to experience, and there is a lot of good, authentic Mexican food.

Places to Stay

My family and I stayed at the hotel The Royal Sands, but there are many more places where you can stay like: Hard Rock Hotel Cancun, Hyatt Zilara Cancun, and Iberostar Cancun.  For the couples who want to have time away from kids, family or just take time for themselves, the hotel LeBlanc Spa Resort is for adults only and it will be perfect for a nice vacation with your significant other. For the families who want to go Cancun with everyone, The Hotel Xcaret Mexico is just the place for the families who want to have a fun time and take fun adventures.

Adventures

There are many places that have interesting historical backgrounds in Cancun. There is an island that is called Isla de Mujeres; this is a tiny island just off the coast of Cancun Mexico. The island is very beautiful and you learn a lot of things about the island. There is also a pyramid that is called “Chichen Itza”. 

This is the most important city in Mayan culture.  It is also the largest of the Mayan ruins. You have access to a tour guide when you leave the hotel, ride the bus to your destination, and throughout the day. There are also many theme parks that you can visit but the one that I went to was Xcaret Park. This park has many adventures. You can swim in underground rivers, scuba dive, and visit sealife. At the end of the day, they invite you to stay for the show. This show displays different Mexican culture with singing and dancing.

I really enjoyed Cancun, and I recommend it for a family vacation or a couples getaway!

About the Writer
Rosario Rivera, Staff Reporter

This is Rosario's first year on The Jacket Journal staff and she is every excited what the school year will bring. She enjoys reading, watching movies,...