Keep Your Eyes Out For These Stars

The highest ranked Kentucky athletes for football and basketball.

Wandale Robinson dressed up and ready to show out for Western Hills.

Dylan Buell

Casey Humphreys, Staff Reporter

There’s always star players on every team, but there’s always a few that stand out from the others. One, in fact, would be Frankfort’s, Wandale Robinson. Wandale is a senior at Western Hills High School and is an All-American running back for the Wolverines football team. He’s gotten offers from big schools such as Alabama, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, and Purdue. As of now, the top college he wishes to attend is the University of Nebraska, because of time amazing time during visits he has had there.

During his junior year, Wandale had 177 carries and rushed for 2,330 yards with 33 touchdowns. His speed and acceleration make him a true threat to play against. He’s truly a site to see when the ball is in his hands. Wandale is a 5-star athlete and showed out at the Rivals camp this past summer. This year he’s carried the ball 71 times for 813 yards and 9 TDs. He’s had a rough start but his game against Estill County was his bounce back game.  Wandale is predicted to win Mr. Kentucky for the 2018 season.

Another bright star in Kentucky high school football is Beau Allen. Beau is the junior starting quarterback

ATP
Beau Allen, starting quarterback for the Knights.

for Lexington Catholic and he has the most passing yards this season by any quarterback in the state of Kentucky. Only a junior, Beau has offers from the University of Kentucky, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Duke, Eastern Kentucky, Maryland, and Michigan. He’s 6’2 and weighs 200 lbs. which is the exact measures you want for a QB at the collegiate level. His top college he wants to land at is the University of Kentucky mostly because it’s where he is now and he loves to be around his hometown. Beau has a fantastic placement with the ball and isn’t afraid to throw the deep ball down the field. He’s not afraid to stick in the pocket of his line and to release the ball between defenders. This year has been Beau’s best year so far and that makes him a contender for Mr. Kentucky football.

There’s always more than one star in the sky and David Johnson shows that by being this years number one high school player in the state of Kentucky for basketball. David is a part of Trinity’s boys’ basketball team and is 72nd in the nation as a shooting guard. He has offers from Louisville, Georgia, Xavier, Baylor, Ohio State, and Virginia Tech. David is a 4-star recruit and shows his talents in and out of games while playing for Trinity. David will be a senior this year for Trinity. David won MVP for the King of the Bluegrass and Arby’s Classic tournaments back in 2016-17. David is also cousins with Raymond Spalding who played basketball for the University of Louisville. His sophomore year David played 33 games and averaged 10.5 ppg (points per game) and 4.8 RPG (rebounds per game).  Woodford basketball has to play David and his team this year for the first time. He has a great shot and is aggressive when he attacks the basket and isn’t afraid to throw it down on the rim.

ATP
David Johnson, top prospect SG for Trinity.

Every year has new rising stars but these guys have taken this year’s spot as the ones you want to keep a watch out for just like the recruiters for every college team when these guys are playing. They love to go out to the field or court and just show out for everyone in the stands and the hard work they put in during the offseason just comes together and it truly shows where hard work gets you one day.