Who is Summer Amro?

Summer Amro is one of many new teachers here at Woodford County High School. Ms. Amro teaches Global Studies as well as Civics. This will be Ms. Amro’s first year of teaching, and she is excited to be here. When asked about why she became a teacher she said, “I was inspired to become a teacher by the teachers I had in high school. My high school teachers truly cared about me as an individual and saw my potential. They invested so much in me and I want to do the same for my students. Not to mention, I think social studies education is so valuable and this is my way of playing the part in spreading those skills and ideas.”

I learn so much from my students.

— Ms. Amro

She also shared how she felt about being part of the WCHS family and said, “I am so happy to be at WCHS! Everyone here has welcomed me with open arms and I am thrilled to be a part of this WOFO family. This is such a positive space to be in and I look forward to coming to school every day.” Since this will be Ms. Amro’s first year teaching here, she was asked to tell us what she hopes comes out of her first year teaching and she said, “I really hope that my first year of teaching results in me being even more in love with this career. I hope that I learn every single day and that I build so many positive relationships with the teachers and students in this building!”

Ms. Amro is truly happy to be a teacher, she said, “The thing I enjoy most about teaching is the fact that I get to meet SO many new people every year. I learn so much from my students,” this statement shows just how much she loves to teach. Teaching is not the only thing she does, she shared with us how she spends her days when she’s not in school: “My hobbies include hiking, trying new food (if anyone has suggestions, please let me know) and walking my dog named Augie.”

Lastly, Ms. Amro shared one quote with us that she believes we should know and try to benefit from: “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso

Ms. Amro, we are so excited to have you as a part of our WCHS family!

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *