By Brook Jankowski

Mr.Blake in his room. (148)

Mr. Blake Flies Into the Hive

Welcome English teacher Mr. Wes Blake

Wes Blake is from Kentucky and he grew up in the Western, Central and the Eastern parts of the state.  “My wife and I have lived in Versailles the last five years. After earning my Bachelor’s English at UK, I wrote obituaries at the Lexington Herald-Leader. I worked in advertising in Lexington and Lousiville for several years that. At 30, I earned my MA in teaching from EKU and began my teaching Career at West Jessamine High school,” said Blake. He has taught English, Dual Credit, Kentucky Literature and Public speaking over the last several years. He has sponsored student government and creative writing club in the past. He has earned his MFA in Creative Writing from the EKU in 2017.

“I was barely a journalist, but I worked for the Lexington Heald-Leader for several years writing obituaries and later I wrote ads to sell cars,” Blake said. He is liking WCHS so far, and the students have impressed him with their abilities and insightful comments during a discussion. “Everybody here is so dedicated, smart, and good at what they do.”

This year, Blake is teaching Advanced English III, English IV, and English 100. He feels lucky to teach those classes. “My 17-year-old self is jealous of the great American writers that my English III students get to read this year.” He has taught English four for seven years and he is looking forward to teaching Macbeth in the fall. He also loves to help his English 100 students become even better critical thinking writers.

Mr. Blake, thank you for becoming part of the Woodford community. We welcome you to WCHS!

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *