Singing with Strickland

Taylor Strickland is the new Choir and Piano lab teacher for WCHS this year. He has not taught anywhere prior to coming here. He attended the University of Kentucky for his college education.

His favorite aspect of teaching is the moment “when a class finishes the piece that they had been working on. It shows all of the students hard work throughout the semester.” It is a very nice moment to be a teacher, just to see how much your students have improved.

When asked why he wanted to be a teacher, he responded that he wanted “to spread the joy of music to kids that wanted it.” He was also inspired by his high school choir director, which is why he knew that this career path was the right one for him.

In five years, he hopes to still be working here as a choir and piano teacher.

…no matter what is going on in [your] life, music can be a good way to get away from everything.

— Mr. Strickland

In his free time, he loves to play basketball, watch movies, hang with friends, and listen to music that he might use for one of his classes.

A lesson that he wants all of his students to learn is that “no matter what is going on in their life, music can be a good way to get away from everything.” Music can be an outlet to get away from a problem in your life.

An unknown fact that he thinks that all students should know about him is that he is good at all dad dances, which is a certain type of dance move.

WCHS is glad to have Mr.Strickland here as the new choir and piano teacher!

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *