Southside Technical Center

Southside is located in Fayette County and is on Harrodsburg Road.

Course Offerings: 

• Medical Science- This is placed at in the high-tech computer lab, their broad-based Medical Science programs that introduce you to your future career options in the variety of medically related professions. The students shadow local healthcare professionals.
  • Electronics-The students learn to work with engineers and scientist to design, build, Maintain electrical and electronic equipment from TV’s and radio to radar, sonar and industrial & medical electronic measuring. They include electrical/electronics theory, the use of electronic test equipment, and the diagnosis and repair of products. The student will also study home, auto, and Industry security.
  • Carpentry- The skilled carpenters have been a demand and today the construction industry is seeking for employment and reward skilled carpenters in the residential, commercial, and remodeling sectors. The carpentry courses provide hands-on experience and qualify you to apply for a paid apprenticeship when you successfully complete the courses. You will earn certification.
  • Electricity- The students will be learning skills that high demand and pay well for professional services. The courses in electricity allow students to study and practice residential wiring, industrial electricity, and programmable logic controllers(PLC’s). The students will learn how to install wiring and conduit, service motors, and more.
  • Advanced Manufacturing- The students engage in the program in using innovation industry driven technologies to imagine and design new and improved products. The entry-level jobs leading to challenging, high paying careers are available across the nation for the student who has the academic and technical skill set up to succeed. The program gives the students the opportunity to apply when they learned the physics, chemistry and biology courses.
  • Medicaid Nurse Aide (MNA)- The MNA program offers professional instruction to individuals(Both Male and Females)whoever wants to enter the respected nursing profession by helping them achieve their state certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant. CNA Training includes fieldwork in the local hospital and nursing homes.
  • Culinary- The program is popular with both male and female students. Their courses cover cooking methods and techniques from basic to advanced.  They partner with Sullivan University’s high profile culinary division and allows the students to earn high school and college credits for a great completion of the certification requirements.
  • Welding- The welding course deals with experiential learning and prepares students for multiple job opportunities upon completion of the course. welding is the most used method to bond metal parts in vehicles, appliances, furniture, buildings, highways, bridges and more. Some people say its art and some say it a craft. This is high demand, necessary in industrial settings. The program Provides opportunities to master the welding strategies including Shielding Metal Arc Welding(SMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding(GTAW), Metal Inert Gas(MIG), and Tungsten Inert Gas(TIG) processors. The course will help you develop the skills and knowledge in oxygen acetylene cutting, welding and brazing, and metal fabrication, which is all relevant to the demands of multiple industries.

For more information, their website is http://southside.fcps.net

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *