Locust Trace Agriscience Center

Locust Trace is a Fayette County School and is located on Leestown Road.

Program Offerings at Locust Trace: 

• Vet Clinic- Locust Trace is home for the unique collaboration between FCPS (Fellow College of Physician and Surgeons) and the public veterinary clinic. The clinic provides opportunities through internships for LTAC (Long Term Acute Care) students who may be Interested in the career in veterinary science. Dr.Lee Godman staffs the clinic while the specialist veterinarians visit and teach when they have no procedures going on.
  • Livestock Lab- Animal husbandry is the critical component in the educational process in the agricultural community. The develops leadership skills those who participate and promotes a relationship that has an immeasurable impact for years to come. The LTAC students will be practicing hands-on, practical application of the curriculum in the livestock Lab.
  • Equine lab/Arena- The LTAC features in 19,000 square foot equine lab/arena includes a show/riding area, spectator bleachers, a wash stall, tack and equipment storage area, a farm manager’s apartment, and 12 horse stalls. The Flexible design in the facility that’s allows the two stalls to be converted into the foaling stall, while another is already foaling size. With the facilities and many students will have a safe environment to learn many aspects of training and providing the right care for the animals on-site.
  • Conception to Consumption- To understand the life cycle of plants & animals and the necessity to the harmonic existence in the science that must not be overlooked. The resources must be practiced in a respectful manner. The LTAC will be sharing these resources with the FCPS students in elementary, middle, and high school through the program. The students have the opportunity to plan an SAE ( Supervised agriculture experience) and apply the practices in the cycle of food production.

LTAC Career Pathways & Core Courses:

• Agribusiness Systems- Principles of Agricultural Science and Technology, Agriscience, Ag. Business/Farm Mgmt., Ag. Employability skills, Ag Sales, and Marketing, Ag. Communication.
  • Agribiotechnology System- Principles of Agricultural Science and Technology, Agriscience, Agribiology, Agribiotechnology, Veterinary Science, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science and Technology.
  • Agriculture Power, Structural and Technical Systems- Principles of Agricultural Science and Technology, Agriscience, Animal Science, Animal Science, Animal Technology, Equine science (Level One: Equine Care and Employment, Level Two: Equine Care and Management, Level Three: Equine Science and Industry, and Level Four: Equine Science and Physiology), Small Animal Tech and Veterinary Science.
  • Environmental Science/Natural Resources Systems- Principles of Agricultural Science and Technology, Agriscience Plant and Land science, Agribiology.
  • Horticulture and Plant Science System- Principles of Agricultural Science and Technology, Agriscience Plant/Land Science, Floriculture/Floral Design, Greenhouse Technology, Landscaping/Turf Management.

For more information: http://locusttrace.fcps.net

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *