Eastside Technical School

Eastside Technical Center is located in Fayette County and is on Liberty Road.

Course Offerings:

• Multimedia ProductionThe students learn how to be successful in today’s multi-media world. The program includes: reporting & anchoring for TV, videography, editing, behind the scenes news production, podcasting, blogging, composing original music for newscasts, and storytelling through digital photography, all with state of the art equipment.
  • Automotive Technology-The students will learn various systems of automotive technology to develop the skills in troubleshooting, performing preventative maintenance, electrical and including engines, electrical and electronic, brake systems, steering and suspension.
  • Auto Collision Repair-The students will be repairing small dents and rebuilding the bodies of wrecked or damaged vehicles. The program trains students to understand and maintain the commercial standards. The students are taught what materials are used in filler compounds, the colors and chemical make-up of paints, design, along with installation of trim, cost estimation and preparation for finishing work.
  • Advanced Gaming- The program will provide a broad and in-depth approach to the computer programming and game design. Through comprehensive theory and the hands-on experience, students will gain skills and knowledge that is required for the development process of computer games from the concept to completion.
  • Diesel Technology- The students learn how to repair and maintain heavy trucks, heavy equipment, and diesel engines. The students will develop skills in troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, repair and servicing of all the vehicles and equipment that utilize diesel power.
  • Homeland Security- This is designed for students that are interested in pursuing a postsecondary degree in Homeland Security. This can get you enlisted in the United States military, or give you an entry-level position in law enforcement, emergency and fire management at the municipal, state and federal level.

TWO SPECIALIZED HOMELAND SECURITY PROGRAMS ARE OFFERED:

• Fire & Emergency Medical Services- The program is offering coursework that includes physical training, introduction to firefighting equipment & use, fire behavior & combustion, fire investigation, fire protection systems, and prevention.
  • Law Enforcement & Emergency MGMT-  The experience will occur in the three areas: emergency planning & response for various risks, threats & hazards, and the integration & coordination of different public safety disciplines; federal, state & local responsibilities; and the role of the private sector.

If you want more information about Eastside, their website is: http://eastside.fcps.net

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *