Going for the lay up! (Macy Upthegrove)
Going for the lay up!

Macy Upthegrove

Jackets Are Out of the Hive

The 2017 girls and boys basketball teams take their game to the court

December 1, 2017

The Jackets are out of the hive and ready to fight! Last Friday, November 10th, the boys and girls basketball team really showed us what they are made of!

It is clear that the coaches really prepared the players for this upcoming season. The court was filled with high energy and adrenaline. The players, hyped up by the crowed, really put on a show. The games were full of amazing set plays, shots, and team work.

Boys Basketball Players Speak Their Minds

The boys team warms up.

Senior Jayden Hamilton has played high school basketball for four years and is very excited to start a new year with a new team. He’s can’t wait to see what the team has in store.  Hamilton’s goals for the season are to “win districts, make a run in regionals and have a winning season.”

The guys practice free throws.

Senior Nick Smith has been playing basketball for as long has he can remember. This will be his 2nd year playing for the high school. Smith’s goals are  to win districts and regional championships. Smith said,  “I really like the new team. We are young, but we work really well together and  treat each other like a family.”

Ryan Duke (11) shoots a free throw.

Junior Ryan Duke has been playing basketball for 11 years and three of which have been at Woodford County High School. Duke is excited for the new season and hopes to be even better than last year.  Duke looks up to the seniors on his team and also has the goal of winning districts and a regional championship.

Anthony Tabor (10) dribbles down the court.

Sophomore Anthony Tabor is very excited for the new season. Although he has played basketball for most of his life, this will be his 2nd year on the high school team. Tabor’s says his goals are “to play every game as if it was my last.”

Hunter Penn (9) hustles towards the hoop.

Freshmen Hunter Penn is thrilled to be on the boys high school  basketball team for the first year. Penn has played basketball for nine years and hopes to improve through out the season. Penn said,” Although we are young we have set goals for our team and hope to reach them.”

Boys Home Schedule

December 8. V Franklin County                                    6:00pm

December 12. V George Rogers Clark                           7:30pm

December 19. V  Atherton                                               8:00pm

December 20. V TBA                                                        8:00pm

December 21. V  TBA                                                        8:00pm

January 9. V Sayre                                                            8:00pm

January 16. V Western Hills                                           8:15pm

January 26. V Frankfort                                                  8:15pm

February 6. V West Jessamine                                       7:30pm

February 8. V Scott County                                             7:30pm

February 16. V Bourbon County                                     7:30 pm