RELATIONSHIP QUESTIONS HERE :)

Hi friends! This month I have received four questions about relationships. Instead of answering them in different posts, I’ve decided to answer them all in this one post. 

“How do I tell a person that I like them without feeling awkward?”

Well, it’s probably going to be awkward. It’s always hard to put yourself out there when you don’t know how the other person will respond. The best thing to do is just be honest. Being honest will allow both of you to feel comfortable about the situation and will allow the other person a chance to speak their mind. The biggest thing is thing to remember is that you can’t get upset with them if they don’t feel the same way. On the contrary, you guys could actually be soulmates and both of you were just too nervous to say anything!

“How do you know if someone actually likes you or if they are just bored of being single?”

There’s a fine line between being bored and interested. If a person is bored, they’re going to rush things. They’re going to skip the “talking” phase and they would immediately be overwhelmingly into you. When I say “overwhelmingly into you”, I mean a massive amount of fake compliments and cheesy sayings. Another way to prove a person is bored? It’s random! If someone randomly comes into your life looking for a relationship, it’s not a good sign. It’s more of a sign of loneliness and the need to have someone else with them. If a person is interested, they’re going to wait for you and slow it all down. People who are interested are going to WANT to make it work. They’ll slow down the entire process to really take time to get to know you. Why would you date someone that you don’t know? Just go with your gut. If you think they’re just bored, they’re probably just bored.

“Simple dating tips/dates that cost no money but still has romantic value.”

GIRLS LOVE LITTLE THINGS. Literally, boys it is all about the little things. You could give a girl a pencil that you found on the floor and she is most likely going to cherish it, at least until she loses it but that happens to the best of us. Dates don’t have to be expensive. Assuming you live in Versailles, there isn’t a whole lot to do around us. But, the things to do around us can be extremely fun. The Frankfort Salato Center is basically a Kentucky Wildlife Zoo. It’s three dollars a person to get in and you could even have a picnic! We also live in a place that isn’t very far from some major hiking spots. Red River Gorge is only about an hour away and it’s the perfect place to WOW any date with your extreme hiking skills. Dating tips? Really just be yourself. There’s nothing better than being yourself. If someone doesn’t like who you truly are, there really isn’t a connection.

“Getting over a breakup that sends you into depression.”

I want you to take a deep breath. Maybe take a few. Now, ask yourself, “Am I really depressed or is this just hard?” High school is a rough time and we all start off with this seemingly unrealistic idea that we’re going to marry the person that we start dating in high school. Relationships are hard but breakups are harder. It’s not always easy to get up and walk away from someone that means so much to you but, sometimes it can actually be better for you in the long run. The best thing that you can do is take care of yourself and surround yourself with people that you love. A lot of times people feel like nobody cares or nobody loves them after a breakup. This is truly not the case. You are so valued. You are so important. A breakup isn’t the end of the world but rather the beginning of a new chapter.

I’m sending all of you all of my love. You are special. You are worth it.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *