The Fairness Campaign

"All, Y'all"

About

The Fairness Campaign is Kentucky’s LGBTQ+ advocacy and acceptance program that primarily focuses on civil rights legislation across the state to prohibit discrimination on a legal level on the basis of gender identity and sexual orientation. Thus far, The Fairness Campaign has assisted in ensuring that 22 Kentucky communities and counting have passed the Fairness Ordinance-a policy outlawing LGBTQ+ discrimination in employment, housing, education, and public accommodations. Overall, The Fairness Campaign plays a huge role in Kentucky LGBTQ+ equality as a whole.

History

The Fairness Campaign emerged in 1991 as a product of several other programs and coalitions, such as GLUE, GLHRC, The Kentucky Rainbow Coalition, and the Kentucky Alliance Against Racist and Political Oppression. It was officially announced at the March For Justice in 1991 and has been thriving as Kentucky’s main source of LGBTQ+ representation and advocacy since.

Get Involved

Considering that The Fairness Campaign focuses primarily on legislative action for LGBTQ+ Kentuckians, the main way to get involved with the project is to support or oppose the bills being passed by the Kentucky government. They also offer several volunteer opportunities, as well as places to donate and further support the campaign. Click here for The Fairness Campaign’s “Act Now” page and see what you can do as a Kentuckian!

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *