The Trevor Project

The Trevor Project

"You deserve a welcoming, loving world."

About

The Trevor Project is the world’s largest crisis and suicide prevention organization for LGBTQ+ youth. They provide crisis services in the form of phone calls, texts, and chats that connect their counselors to thousands of LGBTQ+ identifying young people every single day. Their counselors are trained and prepared to navigate hundreds of crisis scenarios that many young people face; with each counselor working entirely voluntarily. On top of the volunteer work that is done to benefit in a personal way, The Trevor Project also advocates for federal, state, and local action to further ensure the bright future of LGBTQ+ youth across the nation.

History

Founded in 1998 in West Hollywood, California, by Celeste Lecesne, Peggy Rajski, and Randy Stone, The Trevor Project has existed for going on three decades. The project came about when Lecesne, Rajski, and Stone realized that viewers of their feature film titled Trevor- a short film about a gay thirteen-year-old boy struggling with rejection- may be relating to the issues that Trevor faced.

Get Involved

The Trevor Project offers countless volunteer opportunities for anyone who would like to be in contact with LGBTQ+ youth facing different crises. They are looking for volunteers who…

• Are 18+ years of age
  • Have a passion for supporting and uplifting LGBTQ+ youth
  • Are located in the United States
  • Can make a minimum one-year commitment, and can participate in one three-hour shift each week
  • Are open to receiving feedback
  • Have access to a private, distraction-free space

Interested in volunteering? Click here for the application page to become a Trevor volunteer today!

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *