Kaitlyn Toy

Ms. Buchanan stands in the hallway of WCHS

Ms. Buchanan’s Big Debut

"It's a positive place to be, the staff is very welcoming and supportive for this to be my first year."

Ms. Buchanan has not always known exactly what she wanted to do. While attending high school, Ms. Buchanan did well in social studies, but she still wasn’t quite sure what to do after graduation.

However, after searching for interesting career choices, Ms. Buchanan kept circling back to teaching. Ms. Buchanan began to learn how to be a social studies teacher in college, while going to Morehead State University. However, since her brother has cerebral palsy, special education interested Ms. Buchanan even more, and she ended up earning an MSD in Special Education. What truly inspired her to teach though? As many other teachers have said, Ms. Buchanan wanted to “share the impact.”

As for why she came to WCHS, Ms. Buchanan got married to her husband in July, who is a pastor. Really, Woodford County was just a “more convenient location.”There just so happened to be a Special Education position here as well, hence, Ms. Buchanan is with us today. As for how she feels about WCHS, Ms. Buchanan said, “It’s a positive place to be, the staff is very welcoming and supportive for this to be my first year. Thank you for being inclusive, supportive, and for being willing to interact and participate with my students.”

If you would like to speak with Ms. Buchanan, you can find her in room 139.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *