Ms. Stoelb in Ms. Benton room for Biology on Black days. (photo by: Brook Jankowski)

Stoelb the Science Star

A new addition to the Science Department

Stephanie Stoelb is the new biology teacher. When she was asked about her teaching “I have been teaching for about 10 years, both during graduate studies and Bluegrass community and Tech college for biology and tech program for five years. This is my first year teaching at the high school and I am very excited about it,” said Stoelb.

She came to Woodford County because of the welcoming environment. She said,  “My husband and I moved to Lexington area about 10 years ago and we moved to Versailles about six years ago. We loved the community and thought it would be a great fit for me. I thought it would be a great place to be a part of.”

Stoelb became a teacher due to how much she loved Biology. “I love Biology in general, so I strongly agree that you should do something with your life you really enjoy doing. I do enjoy the outdoors, Biology, science and I want to share it with the students. I love the idea of teaching and being the new insight to the material,” said Stoelb.

In regards to her college experience, she said, “UK with Ms.Kelly in Entomology: It was an interesting position. It had me extracting DNA and working with different bugs. There was also field work to collect bugs. There was a nice mix of field and lab work. I felt that the smaller animals were overlooked, and also needed attention. All my peers were doing dolphins and other animals.  I chose snails and the small animals are just as important as the big aminals.”

When asked why she loved science she discussed her time as a student. “I’ve always been interested in science and I remember making DNA models in 8th grade and I  just loved it. I actually didn’t start off in Entomology but I worked in Entomology lab when I needed to extract DNA with snails and started getting interested with Entomology,” she said. We are happy to have you, and WCHS lets give her a warm welcome this year.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *