Ms.+Schuerman+is+a+new+business+teacher+

Brooklynn Jankowski

Ms. Schuerman is a new business teacher

Ms.Schuerman: Business in Action

Meet Woodford's new business teacher

A new school year means new teachers. This school year Woodford gained a new business teacher. Ms. Schuerman teaches Digital Literacy and Principal of Marketing in the CTE pathway. This is Schuerman’s first year at Woodford, and it is also her first year teaching at the high school level. However, she has been teaching for eight years now. Schuerman spent six years at Caudill Middle School and a year at West Jessamine Middle School. She decided to come to Woodford due to wanting to teach high school and also because her husband works at Simmons Elementary and she heard great things about the county.

Schuerman graduated from Eastern Kentucky University with a  Bachelor’s of Science in Business and Marketing Education and the University of the Cumberland with a Master’s in Teacher Leadership and a Rank I in Supervision of Instruction. When asked what she wants to be doing in five years, Schuerman said, “Working in administration, hopefully with data, and helping with student achievement and going to baseball and softball games to support my kids!”

Teachers all have different purposes as to why they decided to educate scholars whether it is because they want to impact the community or change ways of learning for future generations. When asked why she became a teacher, Schuerman said, “I love communicating ideas and information with others. I felt teaching was a great way to do that. The business world has always intrigued me and made the most sense to me. I love that all of what I teach is directly applicable to the real world and the next step in a high school student’s life.”

Ms. Schuerman said her favorite aspect of teaching is, “Being with the students. There’s nothing better. If I’m having a bad day, it usually turns around just from the students making me laugh or telling me about their lives. It’s why I’m here.” When asked if there was a lesson she wants students to take from her, Schuerman said,  “Plan ahead and keep yourself informed. Keep learning. The workplace is ever-evolving and does not stay the same. You need to learn to adapt to change and roll with it. Be a problem-solver and a helper.”

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *