Jordan+Sims+%2812%29+and+her+dog+July+pose+for+a+picture.+

Jordan Sims (12) and her dog July pose for a picture.

Woodford County Through the Eyes of a Senior Leaving It: Jordan Sims

An interview with a senior who will soon be leaving Woodford County.

Jordan Sims (12th grade) is another of the seniors that were unfairly robbed of not only the end of their senior year but also their own real graduation. As she is moving to Morehead to go to college there, she will reluctantly be leaving behind Woodford County.

What is your favorite memory of Woodford County?

I would have to say going to the carnival with my best friend at the time and watching her pass out on one of the rides. She had never ridden any rides before and when we put her on one of the ones that spin you around, she instantly passed out! It was a great way to start the night!

What one of your favorite things to do in Woodford County?

I love going to the Amsden after school with my sister and friends and getting some drinks before going on a walk in the park.

What makes you smile?

I love the unity everyone has here and it makes me happy to see how polite most everyone is to each other.

What is your favorite activity/hobby?

Ever since I got my license I really have enjoyed driving around town with my friends and my dog and doing whatever we feel like.

What is one of your favorite moments with your friends in Woodford County?

The time that me, my sister, and her friend went to Kroger after school and bought brownies and icing and just sat in the park eating them for hours. It was a really peaceful time.

What would you say to people just moving to Woodford County?

Take the time to explore and get involved. It’s so much better when you give a helping hand here.

Jordan Sims
Jordan Sims’ dog July the night she brought him home from the Humane Society.

What is one of your best stories from Woodford County?

One of my best stories would be from last December when we went to the Humane Society. My mom was dead set on not getting a boy dog while my sister, Catie, had her mind set on one of the boys. My mom finally let us take him out of the cage and he just instantly attached to us and despite my mom’s wishes, she still pulled out her phone and called our dad, saying we had found our dog. He rushed down from Lexington from work to try and get here before they were closing and got here just as we were bringing him to the car. The night was so hectic and we hardly got any sleep but still made it to school the next day!

What is one thing you will miss when you go to college?

I’ll miss being in a place where I have people that are close to me. When I go to Morehead it’ll be a new part of my life where I will be away from all of my friends and family which scares me, but I’m still excited!

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *