Abbie Hudson: Basketball

"Pursue whatever goals you have and don’t stop until you achieve them. Being 7 points shy of 1,000 is a feeling that doesn’t go away and conquering what you set your mind to is something you’ll be proud of looking back no matter how hard it is. All the sweat and effort is worth it." -Abbie Hudson

Abbie Hudson is a part of the class of 2020 at Woodford County High School. Hudson has been playing basketball for as long as she can remember and it´s one of the things she loves most in the world. So how about we get to know Senior athlete Abbie Hudson?

What is your greatest accomplishment?
I made the District all-tournament Team three years in a row and also received region all-tournament team.
What was your fondest memory of playing this sport? 
I’ll always remember making the game-winning shot at the buzzer from a few steps in front of half-court to take us into the district championship.
What position do you play? What is your number? Are you a Captain?
I am a shooting guard and point guard. I’m #14 and have been a captain for the past two years.
What is your personal goal for this sport? 
To continue my basketball career in college and hopefully in the future coach the game.
What foods or drinks help you gear up and stay energized for the game/event?
I always like to load up on protein to make sure I have enough energy and drink wise, I stick to water and lots of it.
What is the best part about competing?
The best part about competing is for sure the feeling you get during a game.
What emotions do you feel when you play well?
Nothing compares to a big win over a team especially in the postseason and the feeling of your team coming together to conquer the same goal: win. Playing basketball excites me and the adrenaline is unlike any other feeling
What is your favorite song to listen to prior to competing?
Before competing, my favorite song would have to be “champion” by Carrie Underwood. Her words give me a sense of empowerment and like my team and I have everything we need to go and win.
What do you do to calm your butterflies while you compete?
As for my butterflies, I throw on my Jesus Jams playlist. It calms my nerves and gives me peace, knowing that in the end, regardless of the score at the end of the game, it’s all gonna be okay and there’s still life outside of basketball.
What advice would you give your underclassmen?
Don’t ever take advantage of the time you have on the field or court or whatever it may be. Before you know it, your time with your coaches and teammates will be up and it’ll be time to move onto the next phase of your life. My advice would be to always hold onto the memories you make even in the worst of the worst. Someday you’ll look back and wish that you could even go back and do one more preseason just because you want to be surrounded by a team. After that last game, you can never get that time back so hold onto every second you have
How has playing this sport affected you for your future?
Basketball has shaped who I am as a person. Every practice and game formed my character having to go through adversity. It’s allowed me to build relationships and learn a lot. Now it’s taking me to a school to continue to play the game I love and I’m stepping in blindly because of this virus not knowing what exactly to expect.
Where do you plan on going to school next year? What do you plan on studying?
 I am 90% going to Centre College to go and pursue continuing my basketball career and major in kinesiology.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *