Elizabeth+Mudd+%28Middle%29+pictured+with+University+of+Kentucky+Mens+Basketball+Coach%2C+John+Calipari+%28Left%29%2C+and+his+wife%2C+Ellen+Calipari+%28Right%29.+

Unknown

Elizabeth Mudd (Middle) pictured with University of Kentucky Men’s Basketball Coach, John Calipari (Left), and his wife, Ellen Calipari (Right).

Elizabeth Mudd: 15 Wonderful Woodford Years

Who is Elizabeth Mudd? Elizabeth Mudd is a family-oriented woman who moved to Woodford County about 15 years ago after finding out she was pregnant with her second child. She moved from Louisville to Versailles, Kentucky, where she has since married her now-husband, Parker Mudd, and raised her two kids, Justice and Zachary Mudd.

Legend Burgess
Elizabeth Mudd pictured proudly with her family at her daughter’s, Justice Mudd (10), volleyball banquet.

What is your favorite memory of Woodford County?

Moving in for the first time. The first night, me and Justice (15mo old) explored (got lost) trying to find KMart and Kroger to buy a shower curtain and groceries. Then we went home and started unpacking.

What is one of your favorite things to do in Woodford County?

I really like walking downtown and exploring the shops.

What makes you smile?

Being outside on nice days and being totally goofy with my kids.

What is your favorite activity/hobby?

Cooking!

What is one of your favorite moments with your friends in Woodford County?

Sitting on the back porch every evening one summer with my neighbor, enjoying the summer nights while Dad was at work and Justice and Zachary played until bedtime.

What would you say to people just moving to Woodford County?

If you have small kids, the library is the best! They have so many programs for all ages, including adults, and helped me tremendously being a stay-at-home mom of two small children.

What is one of your best stories from Woodford County?

Capozzi. That was crazy. I was working in Lexington when I get a one-call that this guy was on the loose and schools were not letting children come home. I rushed home and a few hours later, kids were released. Everyone was on alert for the guy. Dad and I were obsessed with the story. We should have been scared but weren’t and figured he wouldn’t be anywhere that had a lot of people and we lived in a dense, townhome community at the time. When he was found, he asked, “When does the train run in this town?” He was wandering around a dead track. HA HA HA!

What is something you learned from/in Woodford?

My good friend, Judy Chase, taught me that Woodford County is rich with Black history. She has some great stories and wonderful knowledge about the area. Also, after moving here, I was surprised at the number of interracial couples. It was interesting to see that Woodford’s diversity and acceptance are this amazing. Especially, comparing it to Louisville, KY, where I grew up. Woodford, in my opinion, is far more progressive.

What do you value most about this community?

It was interesting to see that Woodford’s diversity and acceptance are this amazing.

— Elizabeth Mudd

How people really come together in a time of need and overall, most people are truly good people.

Unknown
Elizabeth Mudd pictured happily with her husband, Parker Mudd, at a Kentucky Event in Lexington.

What was your most embarrassing moment?

I was in kindergarten in music class and the teacher wouldn’t let me use the bathroom so I peed on the floor. A kid was like, “Oh my gosh, there is water on the floor,” and everyone in the classroom had to evacuate so they could clean it up.

What is your goal in life going forward?

To be able to see my grandkids.

Who do you look up to and why?

Martha Stewart because shes built an empire, is cut loose and fun. She is also down to Earth and really funny. Plus we share the same hobbies like cooking and gardening.

What has been your biggest learning experience?

When I went to a bunch of different churches. Seeing how their beliefs were so similar really changed me a lot. I realized it didn’t matter and no one is truly wrong in that. It just boils down to being good people.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *