Mrs. Bentley in her classroom at Huntertown Elementary, where she teaches the following subjects; Reading, Social Studies, and Math.

Angela Bentley

Angela Bentley: A Teacher In Woodford

Angela Bentley, a teacher at Huntertown Elementary, shares about her experiences in Woodford.

Angela Bentley is a 4th-grade teacher at Huntertown Elementary, where she has been teaching for the past 12 years.

Angela Bentley
Mrs. Bentley with her husband, Stephen Bentley, and her son, Evan Bentley, enjoying the sunshine.

What is your favorite memory of Woodford County?

My most recent favorite memory of Woodford County is the parade we just did for Huntertown students after being out of school for the virus. I loved seeing the community rally together for something positive.

What is your least favorite memory of Woodford County?

Being stuck at school on lockdown on my son’s birthday due to Derek Capozzi.  We were so scared and we couldn’t leave the school.  Evan was wanting so desperately to get home and celebrate his birthday, but we had to release students one by one to make sure they were safe from the prisoner on the loose. A scary couple of days. 

What makes you smile?

The small things in life make me smile. A beautiful sunrise/sunset. Hearing those I love to laugh or be happy. I smile when my kitty snuggles close. I smile when my hard work pays off. A smile is the best! 

What is your favorite activity/hobby?

Some of my favorite activities are being with my family, reading, beach walking, or mountain hiking.

What is one of your favorite moments with your friends in Woodford County?

Angela Bentley
Mrs. Bentley out with her students enjoying the sunshine on the Huntertown playground.

Beach vacations with my teacher friends. 

What would you say to people just moving to Woodford County?

It is a small town full of loving people. It is a wonderful place to raise children and the schools are the best in the state.

What is your goal in life, moving forward?

My career goal is to continue sharpening my skills as a teacher and meet my students’ needs the best way I know how.  

Who do you look up to, and why?

I most admire my parents. They some of the most hardworking people you will ever meet. Their love for each other, family, friends, and strangers have shaped me into who I am. They are always willing to go the extra mile for whoever needs them.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *