Dr. Sergent teaching her class. Photo by Brook Jankowski

Dr. Sergent Shows Out

Woodford County High School welcomes Dr. Sergent to the staff

After teaching numerous years at Northern Kentucky University, Amber Sergent has arrived at Woodford County High School. She has spent most of her life living in Covington, Kentucky, yet, she has relocated to Lexington with her husband and two young children. Previously, Sergent has taught at Pendleton High School, and loved it immensely. She is excited to come to Versailles to meet new students and to help them grow.

As Sergent loves to connect with students, she loves taking them on trips all around Europe. She has taken groups to England and Germany in recent years, and absolutely loves to see the world. She said, “Showing students the history outside of the classroom is one of my favorite things.”  In future years, Sergent hopes to take a group of Woodford County High School overseas to show them the “why” behind the history.

Sergent may love to relax outside of the classroom, but she loves to attack lessons and teach a rigorous course. She aims to prepare every student for college, and values hard work and dedication. Her love for history surpasses the classroom, as she is even publishing her thesis. When asked: why history? She said, “I just absolutely love making history come alive. Whether its through music or words or art or photographs… dress up or play-dough. Whatever it takes. It doesn’t matter.” Any student who has Dr. Sergent can be assured that they will be fully immersed in the past.

“Even past students know, every Sunday I have dinner on the table at 2:00 for them,” says Sergent. She loves making connections that last, and watching students gain the confidence to know they’ll succeed. Overall, Sergent is a bright, passionate addition to Woodford County High School, and she will certainly be a valued member of the staff and community.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *