Jordan Murphy

Ms. Greene in front of her wall of her dog pictures (Photo By Jordan Murphy)

Ms. Greene’s Homecoming

A returning mathematics teacher.

Susan Greene is a returning Math Teacher at Woodford County. She and her husband have been married for many years. She taught here 14 years ago and returned here because it felt like her home away from home. After Greene taught for 20 years, she left to do catering.

“I made at least  10 wedding cakes in that time and it was so much fun but I missed being a teacher so much that I wanted to come back.”

Ms. Greene said that she began teaching again at Lexington Catholic, and then at Bryan Station. She then proceeded to return to Woodford County when a teaching position opened up in the math department. This school felt like home to Ms. Greene because she knew so many of the teachers in the math department. She had Ms. Duncan and Ms. York as student teachers, Ms. Popp as a student and helped to hire Mr. Mastin.

Ms. Greene loves dogs and has 7 of her own. She is currently fostering 1, named Happy, for her friend while she is in the hospital getting treated for cancer. “The reason I love dogs is because they do not talk back and unconditionally love you.”

Ever since Greene was young she wanted to be a teacher. “My mother always told me I was bossy. I blame it on being an only child. I always like to put people in places and tell them what to do and it all sparked from there.” WCHS and the math department are glad to welcome her back.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *