Jeri Ireland

Figuring It Out with Ms. Fedorko

Meet Ms. Fedorko! Fedorko is one of the newest editions to WCHS. This is her first year in Woodford County, but she has been teaching for four years. Before coming to WCHS she taught at Bryant Station High School in Lexington Kentucky. She teaches special education and helps to coach the cheer team.

After chatting with her I learned that she has always wanted to be a teacher. In her own words, she said, “Ever since I was little I knew I was going to be a teacher. I never thought of being anything else.” She hopes to pass on to her students “not only how to be successful people, but also how to be kind and good humans.” Fedorko also told me that her favorite element of teaching is “working with my students on a daily basis, and not only giving them academic instruction but also teaching them life skills to be successful after high school graduation.”

People won’t remember how you acted, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

— Maya Angelou

When asked what she does outside of school she mentions her love for cheerleading. She also talks about her “two puppies who consume all of her free time.” Also, she answered that she is “new to Woodford County so she is having many fun adventures here.”

“People won’t remember how you acted, but they will always remember how you made them feel.” This is a quote by Maya Angelou that Ms. Fedorko thinks everyone in WCHS should know and incorporate in their day to day lives.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *