Tristan+Mozar%2C+Caryl+Lynn+Akers%2C+Jensen+McMurry%2C+Amanda+Cason+%2812%29%2C+and+Joshua+Cromwell+at+an+FFA+convention.+

Unknown

Tristan Mozar, Caryl Lynn Akers, Jensen McMurry, Amanda Cason (12), and Joshua Cromwell at an FFA convention.

Future Farmers of America (FFA)

A club for anyone interested in agriculture.

What is FFA?

FFA is an organization for anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in agriculture. It allows students to look into the options that are available for career pathways or for colleges. “We believe that agriculture is the future of the world and it’s going to save us,” said Amanda Cason (12), Vice President of FFA.

What does FFA do?

FFA attends the state convention and the national convention and they celebrate FFA week at school. “During FFA week, we will do a teacher breakfast and we will volunteer at local food banks or shelters,” said Cason. Also, the club holds meetings every month for its members and over the summer, members are encouraged to participate in FFA camp and an industry tour. According to Cason, the members were able to visit different industries in western Kentucky this year such as the Hemp industry, a dog food factory, and a dairy farm. “It’s a really good experience cause there’s a lot out there that people don’t know about with agriculture like where your food comes from. There’s so much more out there than people really think,” said Cason.

How does FFA help students prepare for the future?

FFA really helps students develop their leadership skills. It allows students to be leaders in their school and develop those skills through leading their students, as well as learning how to manage responsibilities as a leader and how to manage time when having to juggle school, clubs, and sports. “It helps you transition from high school into college,” said Cason.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *