New NHS and Beta club inductees and officers at the 2019 induction ceremony.

Dr. Amber Sergent

National Honors Society (NHS) and Beta Club

A club for students who show excellence in academics, service, leadership, and character.

What is the NHS and Beta club?

NHS and Beta are student-led, service-based organizations and they work very closely together. Each chapter is founded on four main pillars: scholarship, leadership, service, and character. They are the largest club in the entire school, numbering over 200 members from the junior and senior class.

What does the NHS and Beta club do?

NHS and Beta focuses on a few major community service projects throughout the school year. “We are known for Dance Gold every year,” said Jaid Goh (12), president of the National Honors Society here in Woodford County. “We have a mini dance marathon for six hours and we raise money and donate it to Dance Blue at the University of Kentucky and it goes toward pediatric cancer research.”

How does NHS and Beta prepare students for the future?

“By teaching students how to be more engaged in the community,” said Goh. During their time in NHS and Beta, members are required to gain a certain amount of community service hours to gain their cord or stole depending on the club. This allows students to reach out to their community, giving them experience in serving their community. It also trains them to be leaders who step up in their community to help others who are in need.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *