fcclainc.org

Logo for FCCLA

Family Community and Career Leaders of America (FCCLA)

A club for anyone interested in family career services.

What is FCCLA?

FCCLA is a club for anyone who is in Family and Community Service (FCS) classes. “We are a leadership group that works with our community to better create a connection where we can help others,” said Alex Stanley (12), president of FCCLA. 

What does FCCLA do?

FCCLA does many different volunteer opportunities throughout the year for different seasons. In the fall, they have Trick or Treat for canned goods where they go around neighborhoods, knocking on doors and asking people for canned goods. In December, they have Santa’s workshop where the members help kids pick out Christmas gifts for their families. In the spring, the members host Kiddie Cook Camp where they show kids how to make sweets that they can bring home. 

How does FCCLA help prepare students for the future?

According to Stanley, there are four main ways in which FCCLA prepares students for the future. The club gives social skills since people will be working with others. It gives leadership skills because members are learning how to put together organizations and projects and presenting them in from of other people. The club gives community connections because members are working with different community organizations through their volunteer projects. Finally, students are given a glimpse of college life because doing these projects and large presentations are similar to what they would do in college.

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *