Nate Wells

Mr. Coburn in his classroom.

Who is Mr. Coburn?

On September 18, 2019, I had the privilege of sitting down with Mr. Clay Coburn to talk to him about becoming a new teacher at WCHS this school year. He is a resource teacher, meaning he goes in and out of classrooms helping students in need of assistance. He also teaches his own class. In his class, Mr. Coburn has kids in need of help come in so he can guide them though whatever they need. Mr. Coburn has two kids of his own who attend WCHS: Mason Coburn (12) and Cai Coburn (10). His wife Tonya Coburn is involved with the boy’s soccer team here. Mr. Coburn and his family are very familiar with Woodford and this position is a great fit for him.

Mr. Coburn said, “My favorite thing about teaching is seeing where students go in life and what accomplishments they make at school.” This is Mr. Coburn’s first year teaching here and he already has a love for students and wants to see them be successful.

During the interview Mr. Coburn brought up why he chose WCHS. He said,”I like how Woodford is smaller and more like a community, people are very supportive and come together to do good things.” Adding on to this Mr. Coburn went into more depth about people coming together. Mr. Coburn’s favorite thing about students is, “[Seeing] the relationship between a student and I develop. I can see things from their point of view and we learn off each other.” Mr. Coburn shows a desire to see students and himself grow which will make a great and positive impact on our school.

Outside of school Mr. Coburn loves to always be doing something. He said,¨My favorite things to do are go to the lake and go out on the boat, go biking, and work with music.¨ We are glad to have you Mr. Coburn!

The Jacket Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Jacket Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *