*Spooky Music* Finals!

Tips to help prepare you for finals

Photo by knowyourmeme.com

Photo by knowyourmeme.com

Emily Brookfield, Editor, Staff Reporter

AP Exams and finals as a whole are very stressful for most students. Regardless of the class, the impending emotional weight of a grade that can dictate the final grade of a student is, quite frankly, a big deal. However, finals aren’t that scary when you are well prepared.

1. If you have an AP Exam, get a review book. Although it sounds standard and like it won’t make a difference, a review book shows you exactly what you need to know. They do sell them on Amazon, however, they are sold for much cheaper at any second hand book store. It isn’t even required that you get a book that is from the year you test. Any review book will help you review the content that you need to know.

2. Start studying as early as you can. In other situations, for example “finals” in middle school, don’t require much studying at all. However, finals for the rest of your life from here on out will require planning and studying. Plan out the hours very week that you should spend studying for your exam. Try and study around rehearsals and practices. For example, if you have a practice that starts at 5:00 in the evening, stay at school until then and use that time to study. Each exam that you have deserves its own study time. Cramming does not help anyone. 

Each exam that you have deserves its own study time. Cramming does not help anyone. 

3. Do not stress too much over exams. A little bit of stress can be beneficial to most people, as it motivates them to get things done. However, too much stress can make any student do much worse. The night before an exam, if you cram too much, you can do worse than you would have if you didn’t. In actuality, this won’t matter after high school. Thus, it is not the life or death situation most students see it as. A little stress is good, but don’t let it consume your life.

4. Ask your teachers for help. Your teachers are literally payed to be here and help you. There is no shame in asking them for help with content, even if it seems very easy. Exams cover the whole year’s content, so, it is very logical to ask them for help in order to make sure you have all of the content covered. Even though it may seem embarrassing, it is easily worth it to make sure you get the grade you want.

Exams, with these tips, can be easily conquered. Whether it is a high school exam, or a driver’s exam, it is manageable.