Hanging Out at the First Freshman Home Basketball Game

WCHS Freshman Basketball team played their first game on November 29, 2018 on their home court

Kevin York, Staff Reporter

The following pictures are from the first home game of WCHS. The game before this which was the first game we played Dunbar and they WC got beat by nearly 40 points our first game. So, of course, the coach was not very happy at halftime because at half they had 7 points. So, now let’s see if we play better this game on our own court!

• The table is where you pay the person there, sign in and grab your ticket.

• The team is warming up before the game. The team was doing lay up lines and taking jump shots to warm their muscles. Most of the players were knocking down the shot but missing the layups.

• All the players have more time than usual to warm up because the referees were late and forgot they have a game to ref. So once the first ref arrived each coach pulls two players to meet the referee.

• After the ref arrived tip off happens, East Jessamine got the tip and once they got it the guard ran out of bounds and nothing was called. After he steps out he shoots a 3 and misses then we get the ball and our guard shoots a 3 and makes it for the first offensive posse ion for Woodford.

• At this point Woodford county is up only 2 so Bryce Patterson shoots his first free throw and misses then shoots the second and makes it which makes them up 3 before the second half.

• After they made a free throw from Bryce the coach calls a timeout and tells them they need to slow down, stop shooting and start attacking the basket.

• The refs were not very sure on a call, one called a foul on East Jessamine and the other thought there was a foul on us so they are discussing what the official call is.

• The final score is 36 to 27 Woodford wins, East Jessamine ended with more fouls than Woodford which is good because our center, Blake Asher fouled out with 5 fouls which means he had more fouls than the whole team.